Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Driving in the C of NY

While I was driving today I noticed several phenomena:

1. I am still the only idiot in NY City who pulls over for emergency vehicles. At this point I'm probably the hazard.

2. I am also the only one in NY City who is scared to honk the horn wherever there is a posted sign with a warning about a fine. I'm certain even the NYPD don't know about those signs.

3. It amazes me every single time I manage to just, just make it through a yellow-turning-red-okay-was-probably-already-red-but-I-can't-stop-now light, and I glance in my rear-view mirror to find that five other cars somehow made it through behind me.

4. There are many New Yorkers who would benefit from a good amount of time spent thinking about their desire to live. And if they find that they have a strong desire to live, they should probably start crossing at corners. And then, only when the little white man is up on the screen.

5. I was so busy thinking, I went five blocks past the street I was meant to turn down and realized that I would have drive another few miles out of the way since two-way streets are almost extinct.

----

Something else I learned today: you can consider yourself out of shape when your toddler makes a huge show out of huffing and puffing every time she bends down for something. (To all my readers who are pregnant, consider yourself excused; your shape is perfect.)

----

Had a Motherly Moment today? I did.

"Oh ewww, honey, this chocolate is soooo gross, omigosh I think it's spoiled or something. Totally ew!"

"Mommy, can I have the rest of it anyway? And hey, how come you're eating in your closet and the light is off?"

1 comment:

  1. Haha! So true!!
    Especially the 2 way streets, so annoying!

    ReplyDelete