Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Clean Up Song

So in all my early childhood education classes I was taught that singing is a great way to engage children when attempting to transition from one activity to the next. Especially clean up.

So I tried that today. And I found myself crawling around collecting Lego pieces while Rivka danced to my clean up song. There really should be a disclaimer.

---
"Mommy, how come you took my clock with the nightlight out of my room?"

"Um, I think it was broken. Yeah, it broke. It just wasn't working well."

"But how come it's in your room now? And how come you get all the light in your room? I want the clock in my room with the light so that I can see everything in middle of the night."

Sigh. "But the light was helping you see and then you just wanted to see instead of sleep."

"Nu uh. I just wanted to come to your room instead of sleep."

Oh. Yippee.
---

I'm thinking of asking The Children's Place advertising team to branch out and start sending me reminders for the things I need to get done. That email set up is intense. Their program is batting 1 email every 2 hours, maybe? I'd unsubscribe from them but it there is something about living in NYC that makes me feel as though having a stalker is kind of a rite. Plus, it's fun to bet on how many times their ONE DAY ONLY SUPER SECRET PREVIEW MEGASONIC SALE is going to renew itself. So far I'm winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment