Thursday, July 25, 2013

Winter in July

Last night's motherly lie:

"Sweetie, oh my goodness let me smell your hair! Yikes! It smells like a banana. QUICK! Into the bath!!"

---

So it was sixty-something degrees when we stepped outside this morning. My daughter clapped her hands in delight and said, "Yay, it's winter!! That means my birthday is soon, Mommy!" If you think I gently let her down, you really don't know me at all. I marveled at the joy of her birthday that is in reality five months away while simultaneously creating a list of topics to bring up in order to avoid planning a party that second. Luckily for us her school bus arrived just then and so far she hasn't remembered that it was winter today. 

Special shout out to my baby who practiced her flawless rendition of fake coughing while we were on our jog this morning. I got the evil eye from one too many little old ladies and then had a stomach-ache the rest of the day. I'm pretty sure someone there was cursing me for my negligent parenting.

And that's a questionable set of words anyway. If you are being negligent, how can you say that you are parenting? I'm gonna save this question for when I am trying to fall asleep tonight. I think I'll have a conclusion by tomorrow morning's shower.

I finally started my Rosetta Stone Spanish program today...and so I confidently say to you, adios!



1 comment:

  1. Love your blog nechamy! It's super funny and well written.

    ReplyDelete